We thought we'd follow up this Huffington Post collection of nine celebrity sleep quotes with a few of our own, courtesy of Meridian Health Director of Sleep Medicine, Carol Ash, D.O.
- "Stay hydrated. And Al, I know you ride your bike to work, be careful going home. Don't run anybody over." - to Al Roker, before his record setting "Roker-thon"attempt for the longest uninterrupted weather forecast
- "Lack of sleep can contribute to numerous health issues, including higher prevalence of chronic pain, high blood pressure, obesity, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and premature aging."
- "The number-one mistake people who can't sleep make is turning to over-the-counter medications. These pills don't target the problem - and can even make it worse."
- "Whatever you do, don't ignore the snore."
- "Can't sleep? Find a cause. Studies show volunteering and pro bono work helps create external focus and connects us to others. These types of commitments help people find purpose and meaning in life, which can help eliminate racing thoughts at night."
- "Sleeping Beauty had it right. Get enough sleep, and you'll be amazed by the effects it'll have on your appearance."
- "Take a deep breath. Mindful breathing helps you relax and clear your mind prior to bedtime."